Friday, February 26, 2010

Music and the Church

Tonight I was honored to be invited to give a talk at St Mary the Virgin, the Anglican Use Roman Catholic parish in Arlington, Texas. St Mary's rector, British-born Fr Allan Hawkins, is a monarchist (he founded the Cambridge Royalists in the 1950s) and the church has a shrine to Bl Emperor Karl. Afterwards I met a couple other monarchists who attend the parish. Fr Hawkins wants to start a local monarchist group which will get together for dinner occasionally (and maybe even help launch the Counterrevolution!). Much to my delight, my presentation was well received and I had a lovely evening there. Here is the text of what I said, slightly edited and with links added for the web:

http://www.royaltymonarchy.com/opinion/smvmusic.html

No comments: